Why its ok to quit a project/fail.






I've been meaning to write this post for a while. But life has been getting in the way. Esp when you decide to do a water fast and a juice fast lol. And quite frankly I just didn't make time to write it.😂 Not because I don't think its important but because its ok to procrastinate at times. 

My whole life seems to be a series of rules that someone made up to keep me or you from just being your own damn self. I clearly love to defy these rules. For an instance as soon as I find a love in some type of hobby, I end up feeling compelled to put a time schedule on it(why do I do that). And make it more complicated than what it should be. Then I am like f@#k this time frame. But where did these rules come from? Is it just me creating these rules for myself?(maybe you can relate?) Or maybe it's the media that creates these rules of how perfect and successful I should be. I want to be successful but it can really zap the joy out of things. This especially can happen for the over creative minds, because we have way too many goals and ideas. 

So coming from that standpoint it's clear why I can fail(given there is only 24hrs in a day) at things. But today I am saying its OK! Failure is also personal growth in my new opinion. I used to get down on myself because some things I would just quit doing. If this is you? Ask yourself what have you not quit doing? If you honestly have quit everything, then you probably should do more soul-searching. But if you're like me and somethings you have stuck with, then I don't see quitting as a failure. In fact, it shows that you made priorities for things that are more important in your life. 

Other reasons why maybe:


  • You were doing it for the wrong reason in the first place.
  • You since realized that the amazing idea you had originally, wasn't so amazing after all.
  • There isn't any joy or fulfillment from doing it. 
  • It may take up too much of your time and your just not that passionate about it. 
I really wanted to talk about this because last year I decided to do a youtube channel on learning Chinese. I still want to learn Chinese, but the whole concept after putting together the videos didn't even make sense to me anymore. I did learn a lot on that type of platform of creativity. But I ended up letting it die. You could call it a "major fail". But this is where I realized its ok to fail. I had other goals in my life that I wanted to use that time with. 

Even though I do think not giving up on projects can lead to the best rewards, failing or quitting can be viable. 

So think about the reasons why you may quit on something. Then move forward with the lessons you learned and create something more suited for you. This is what I am doing. Remembering nobody is you and how you do things can be shaped to how you like it to be. 

a couple of the juices I drank on my juice fast.
.
Me hitting my goal weight yay!!

Comments

  1. Great to read it. . Feeling its okey to quit.thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to read it. . Feeling its okey to quit.thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank You Vikas :) I hope you have a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. self awareness and stepping back to admit why you stopped is so grounding!!! love it
    xx
    https://flippersandflatwhites.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts